Generating Traffic through Micro-sites
Most monkeys have not figured out what E=MC2 means so to capture a monkey’s attention you need to keep it simple. Rather than explain relativity you stick a banana into its mouth. A fruit store won’t do because it won’t fit and you will confuse the monkey with too much choice. Just a single banana.
The principles of a well designed Micro-site also work for highly intelligent humans.
How does it work?
- Micro-site websites, as opposed to the jumbled up, clutter infested ‘we have it all’ brochure websites you often see, offer monkeys a single banana, then lead them through the process of getting to know the banana, falling in love with the banana and eventually eating it (read: make you money!)
- Micro-sites are highly creative, entertaining events that are capable of creating an attitude adjusting jolt that can lead to uncompromising loyalty to your, erm, banana.
- Micro-sites are interactive events which means we can take a monkey by the hand and get it to perform amazing feats such as interactive, online transactions.
- Micro-sites make use of the incredible power of multimedia and it is unrivalled in its effectiveness to make a monkey really GET what your product is about.
- Loyal monkeys can then be easily encouraged to go and do anything you want.
- For a Micro-site you need to really know what your banana is all about, what the things are the monkeys will love about it and what you want from the monkeys (and the humans, if they happen to visit the site).
- The Micro-site needs to be planned and constructed as a single, cohesive whole where every element works towards a single purpose.
- The Micro-site has to be instantly recognizable as something different, something good and something worth the monkey’s time.
- The Micro-site must not be for everyone but only for those that eat bananas.
What kinds are there?
As many as there are ideas, products and services that need promotion.
Please visit our Microsite Showcase to see what we can do for you.
By Philippe Ingels